Easy Vegan Chocolate & Raspberry Tart
Updated: Feb 1, 2022
A deliciously creamy chocolate ganache covering fresh raspberries on top of a buttery biscuit base.
If you're looking for an easy and straightforward recipe that is going to impress, then this is the recipe you've been looking for. It is the perfect dessert to accompany dinner.
I've never come across anyone who doesn't LOVE this tart. I get requests for it on a regular basis so I had to share it with you all. You won't regret giving it a go.
This recipe uses coconut cream, which I get from a can of coconut milk that has been left in the fridge for at least 24 hours. When you open the can, just drain away the liquid and then you can scoop out the cream.
I never used to use coconut cream for ganache and I would always buy plant double cream, but once I tried the combo of dark chocolate and coconut cream I would never do it any other way. It's not overly coconutty, but gives off a nice hint of coconut within the rich chocolate flavour.
Things You'll Need to Make Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
A tart pan or quiche dish
Coconut Cream that has been chilling in the fridge for at least 24hrs
A mixing bowl and wooden spoon or silicone spatula
A jug and tea towel
Ensure the biscuits are crushed into fine crumbs as this makes it easier to evenly distribute them across the base of the dish.
Different brands of coconut milk give off different amounts of coconut cream, so you can just adjust the amount of chocolate to match the amount of cream if you want to use it all in one sitting. Use a 1:1 ratio.
Allow the biscuit base to set in the fridge before topping with the ganache, this makes it less likely to crumble when cutting.
+3 hours chilling
For the Base
300g digestive biscuits
100g plant block butter
For the Filling
300g dark chocolate
300g coconut cream (from a can of chilled coconut milk)
150g fresh raspberries
1. Crush the biscuits up into fine crumbs, using a rolling pin and ziplock bag, then pour into a bowl.
2. Melt the block butter in a saucepan and stir into the bowl of biscuit crumbs, until well combined using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula.
3. Press the buttery biscuit mix into the tart pan, so the base and sides are evenly covered.
4. Allow to chill for 30 minutes, before adding the topping.
5. Once the biscuit base has chilled, you can prepare the topping. Begin by chopping up the dark chocolate into small pieces and add it into a jug or bowl.
6. Scoop the coconut cream into a saucepan and warm on a medium heat until it reaches a light boil. Then pour over the chopped chocolate, and just place a tea towel over the bowl or jug and leave for 5 minutes.
7. In the meantime, place your raspberries so they are spread evenly on top of your biscuit base.
8. After 5 minutes, stir the chocolate/cream mixture to create a ganache. Pour the ganache over the raspberry covered biscuit base.
9. Chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, or preferably overnight to allow the ganache to set.